File a Complaint about a financial product, service or institution that we supervise.
Learn more about licensing, applications and electronic submission via our portal.
Learn who we supervise or search for a particular entity, branch or location.
- Obtain a lien release on a vehicle?
- File a FOIL request?
- Serve Process on the Superintendent?
- Find Unclaimed Funds?
- File a 90-Day Foreclosure Notice?
- Obtain approval to use certain words in a corporation title?
- Learn about Tenant's Rights in Foreclosure?
- Learn about mortgage escrow accounts?
- November 19, 2014: Governor Cuomo Deploying Mobile Command Center To Onondaga County Sites To Deliver Foreclosure Prevention Help To Homeowners
- November 18, 2014: NYDFS Announces Bank Of Tokyo Mitsubishi UFJ To Pay Additional $315 Million Penalty For Misleading Regulators, Individual Bank Employees Will Resign And Accept Bans
- November 13, 2014: Governor Cuomo Announces Citibank, JPMorgan Chase, M&T Bank And Valley National Bank To Use DFS Database To Help Protect Consumers From Illegal, Online Payday Lending
- November 12, 2014: Governor Cuomo Deploying Mobile Command Center to Queens to Deliver Foreclosure Prevention Help to Homeowners
- October 31, 2014: NYDFS Announces AIG To Pay $35 Million Penalty For Insurance Law Violations Related To Its Former Subsidiaries ALICO And DelAm
For more news releases and related media, visit our DFS News Room.
- June 04, 2014: Industry Letter: Final Guidelines for Bank Lending to Multifamily Properties Under the Community Reinvestment Act
- May 21, 2014: Consultant Applications Being Accepted
- March 11, 2014: NYDFS Issues Public Order On Virtual Currency Exchanges
- February 06, 2014: Banking Division Industry Letter: FS-ISAC Participation Recommended For All NYS-Chartered Depository Institutions
DFS protects consumers from illegal payday loans and the debt collectors who attempt to collect on them.
The SPU was formed to enhance consumer protections for NY students, and help them build financially sound futures.
DFS has launched an inquiry into appropriate regulatory guidelines for virtual currencies.
DFS assists homeowners already in foreclosure or at risk of foreclosure as part of a statewide initiative.
More DFS Initiatives...
- Disaster Assistance:
- Disaster Resource Center