Learn about insurance, banking, financial services, avoiding foreclosure and more.
Learn more about licensing, applications and electronic submission via our portal.
Learn who we supervise or search for a particular entity, branch or location.
- Obtain a lien release on a vehicle?
- File a FOIL request?
- File a complaint against a supervised institution?
- Serve Process on the Superintendent?
- Find Unclaimed Funds?
- File a 90-Day Foreclosure Notice?
- Obtain approval to use certain words in a corporation title?
- Learn about Tenant's Rights in Foreclosure?
- Learn about mortgage escrow accounts?
- July 25, 2014: Statement from Superintendent Lawsky and A.G. Schneiderman On Agreement With LYFT
- July 17, 2014: NY DFS Releases Proposed Bitlicense Regulatory Framework For Virtual Currency Firms
- July 11, 2014: Joint Statement By Superintendent Lawsky & A.G. Schneiderman On Lyft
- June 30, 2014: Cuomo Administration Announces BNP Paribas To Pay $8.9 Billion, Including $2.24 Billion To NYDFS, Terminate Senior Executives, Restrict U.S. Dollar Clearing Operations For Violations Of Law
- June 16, 2014: Governor Cuomo Announces Creation of New DFS Database Tool to Help Banks Identify and Stop Illegal, Online Payday Lending
- June 05, 2014: Superintendent Lawsky Announces Streamlined DFS Licensing For Mortgage Banking In New York
For more news releases and related media, visit our DFS News Room.
- June 04, 2014: Banking Division Industry Letter: Final Guidelines for Bank Lending to Multifamily Properties Under the Community Reinvestment Act
- May 21, 2014: Consultant Applications Being Accepted
- March 11, 2014: NYDFS Issues Public Order On Virtual Currency Exchanges
- February 06, 2014: Banking Division Industry Letter: FS-ISAC Participation Recommended For All NYS-Chartered Depository Institutions
DFS protects consumers from illegal payday loans and the debt collectors who attempt to collect on them.
The SPU was formed to enhance consumer protections for NY students, and help them build financially sound futures.
DFS has launched an inquiry into appropriate regulatory guidelines for virtual currencies.
DFS assists homeowners already in foreclosure or at risk of foreclosure as part of a statewide initiative.
More DFS Initiatives...